The 9, Signage and Graphics
When development plans emerged to renovate the Ameritrust Tower complex – that includes the historic 1010 Euclid Avenue building, Cleveland Trust Company Rotunda, and the Breuer Tower – to become The 9 they turned to Brilliant Electric Sign Co. (BESCO) to help the archive their aggressive goal. The project development team envisioned a unique mixed-use residential, retail and commercial plan with a high degree of specialty sign needs including multiple branding projects and requirements within the tower complex. The development plan included apartments, a Metropolitan hotel, the Adega restaurant, Azure Rooftop Lounge, Ledger Bar, The Vault lounge and Heinen’s Market.
- Project scope required conversion of unique and complex interior and exterior sign types from design intent drawings into installed signs within a compressed three month timeline;
- Securing approvals of multiple project architects and corporate decision makers;
- Integration of new and complex signs into multiple existing structures; and
- Mobilization of vehicles, equipment and personnel for sign delivery along with required difficult installation logistics in an extremely busy Cleveland streetscape to ensure the project completion.
The project required close, daily coordination to maximize efficiencies with multiple assigned teams in order to deliver this large and diverse sign package from the initial design intent concept drawings through installation. The final sign package was completed and installed well in time for the season’s first pitch to the pleasure of the team and its fans.
The 9 is an iconic downtown project illuminating the Cleveland skyline with its distinctive branded sign in this large-scale development. BESCO was able to use its sign industry specialists to create, manufacture and install a wide variety of unique and specialty signs for The 9 for the benefit of the residents, businesses and the public at large.
- Municipal sign permit procurement for buildings with Historic Designation of Cleveland;
- Fabrication of 1,300 different new interior and exterior signs;
- Fabrication of regulatory signs, first aid signs and ADA compliant interior and exterior restroom signs, restroom entrance signs an elevator entrance identification signs;
- Fabrication of wall mounted floor listing wall panels, tactile directional sign plaques, in room, stairwell and services elevation tactile evacuation maps plaque and more;
- Fabrication of four specialty exterior building signs requiring unique fabrication with special materials including aluminum, PVC, vinyl and other materials; and
- Logistics, coordination and final installation of all signs.
This project profile reinforces BESCO’s commitment to assisting developers in our region to compete in competitive markets with unique signage. Our solid communications keeps the customers informed throughout the design and fabrication process on their visible investment in brand image – signage.
Contact Brilliant Electric Sign Co. to learn more about how we can help your business.