North Olmsted, Ohio Municipal and Wayfinding Signs
North Olmsted, Ohio
The city of North Olmsted, Ohio is a community with strong neighborhoods, with thriving retail, entertainment and a growing business community. When North Olmsted chose to develop a branded civic sign package to further the city’s growth it turned to Brilliant Electric Sign Co. (BESCO) to develop an integrated sign package that included several monument signs, an electronic message center sign, and multiple wayfinding pole signs. BESCO’s experience developed over decades of working on complex sign and wayfinding projects for municipalities insured that BESCO was the perfect match for the task at hand. Project work with multiple communities and transportation authorities that BESCO has completed in the region includes the cities of Cleveland, Brunswick, North Olmsted, and Shaker Heights as well as Burke Lakefront Airport and Greater Cleveland RTA.
- Project scope required conversion of design intent drawings into installed signs to be completed within four months;
- Installation of signs in heavy traffic areas with specific traffic control regulations;
- Installation of signs during inclement winter weather creating difficult site preparation conditions;
- Masonry work during the winter requiring specific cold weather processes and special equipment;
- Project completion required design intent drawings to installed signs within a critical timeline; and
- Integration of complex signs to new and existing structures.
The project required close, daily coordination to maximize efficiencies with multiple assigned teams in order to deliver this diverse sign package from the initial design intent concept drawings through fabrication. The completed sign package was installed before spring planting and annual community events began.
- Municipal sign permit procurement;
- Design assistance, architect drawings and full construction drawings;
- Site survey to identify each individual sign locations;
- Project Management to assure precision sign construction drawings and installation.
- Engineering of all signs;
- Large primary gateway signs with custom brick and stone;
- Projecting wayfinding signs with large decorative structured poles;
- Projecting wayfinding signs mounted to existing poles and replacement sign faces;
- Municipal identification monument signs, electric message center, custom brick and stone;
- Logistics and final installation of all 37 new and replacement signs.
This project profile reinforces BESCO’s commitment to assisting our local municipalities to compete in competitive markets with unique signage. Our solid communications keep the customers informed throughout the design and fabrication process on their visible investment in brand image – signage.
Contact Brilliant Electric Sign Co. to learn more about how we can help your Municipality.